Saturday, December 31, 2011

Professional Engineer Q&A: Part 20

6.4.2 Application for Graduate Membership of IEM

Q36: I would like to join the IEM but I have yet to get my degree certificate and official transcript. Does that mean that I would have to wait until I get them? Then I would not be able to participate in the activities organised by the IEM yet.

If your course is accredited by the IEM, we would process your application and grant you
membership even pending submission of copies of your degree and transcript. You are still
required to submit them after you have obtained them.
If there is ambiguity on the status of your course, your application would be kept in abeyance
until your submission is complete. In such a case, you would have to wait. But non-members are
also allowed to participate in IEM activities. Rate for Registration or Commitment fees shall be
per flyer as published by IEM.

Q37: I would like to join the IEM but I have yet to be registered by the Board of Engineers,
Malaysia (BEM). I find the process very time consuming and I lose a few months before I can
start the IEM Training Scheme. Is there no other way where I can minimise this loss of time?

If your course is accredited by the IEM, we would process your application and grant you
membership even pending submission of copies of your BEM registration letter. You are still
required to submit it after you have obtained it. You can then start on the IEM Training Scheme
immediately upon graduation.

No comments: