Ever wonder what is the best engineering career you would want to be?
Consulting? Contractors? Lecturers? Politicians…
And how to be successful and to be amongst the best in the career……
The chance is here for you……
In conjunction with the Graduate & Student Section’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) this year, the Graduate & Section has decided to organize a half-day forum on “Career in Engineering In Our Nation”. The forum would be similar to the previous forum held on 2nd July 2005, which was held successfully and graced by the Datuk Ir. Ong Tee Keat, the then Deputy Minister of Youth & Sports. The main objective of this forum is to disseminate and create awareness amongst young engineers on the various career routes and opportunities for young engineers.
This year, we will be inviting prominent speakers from various engineering fields such as consulting firms, education firms, government sectors, contractors, entrepreneurs and politicians to give an insight on their job functions and opportunities in their fields.
Get to know from them:
- Route to engineering and professional engineering and why they have decided to be in this field.
- What are the skills to be picked up along the way?
- Which field the young engineers should choose and would it be good to switch fields and when is the best time to switch fields?
- How would they foresee the role of engineers in the future?
- What kind of advice to share with our Young Engineers?
Tentative Programme Of The Day
- 8.30am Registration & Membership Drive (Free Consultation of Membership Issues and Membership Application)
- 9.00am Engineer As A Consulting Engineer, Engr. Dr. Gue See Sew, Gue & Partners Sdn Bhd
- 9.30am Engineer As A Lecturer And Education Field Dato’ Engr. Prof. Dr. Chuah Hean Teik, President of UTAR
- 10.00am Engineer As A Contractor Engr.Gan Thian Leong, Managing Director of The Brunsfield Group
- 10.30am Engineer As A Government Officer Ir. Hj. Ashari Bin Mohd. Yakub, Executive Director of BEM
- 11.00am Engineer As An Entrepreneur Mr. Joel Neoh, YouthMalaysia.Com, Winner of Malaysia's first corporate reality television programme, The Firm (season 1) in 2007,
- 11.30am Engineer As A Politician, Dato’ Ir. Donald Lim Siang Chai, Ex-Deputy Minister of Tourism & Ex-Deputy Minister of Information
- 12.00am Q&A and Open Discussion And Forum
- 12.30pm Press Conference & Lunch
- 2.00pm IEM G&S-YES AGM
10 Reasons Why You Should Join The Forum on Career in Engineering
1) 6 Most Prominent Speakers in the Engineering World of Malaysia
2) Most Outstanding IEM G&S-YES of The Session
3) Free Tips On How To Be Succesful As An Engineer
4) It's Free Of Charge. No Door Fees..Only Contribute to IEM Building Fund
5) 1st IEM G&S-YES event in the new IEM BUilding
6) Biggest Gathering of Young Engineers Of The Year
7) Free IEM G&S-YES Souvenir for 1st 100 Participants
8) Be the 1st to Meet the new IEM G&S-YES Committees Session 2008/2009
9) Earn 3 PDP points For Your Pursuance of Professional Engineering Status
10) Lucky draw - Get to win IEM G&S-YES Exclusive T-Shirt
Hurry up and sign up now before it is too late..
Do register yourself!
Also do not forget..we will also be having our AGM at 2pm onwards….be part of the ever vibrant, young and energetic committee.
As attached are the flyer and also the form. Do click on them for more information!